Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Crash

For once, I have normal drama in my life. 

I was heading to my therapy appointment this week and all was well.  I wasn't running late.  Traffic wasn't seeming to be too bad.  Green lights were coming one after another.  And then someone ran a red light.

Crash.  Right into the rear door on my side of the car.  The airbags deployed and I'm pretty sure that scared me more than the initial impact.  Thank goodness my daughter wasn't in the car with me.

The guy who hit me got out of his car and tried to run.  That didn't work out so well for him since there was a policeman sitting in the parking lot right by the intersection.  No insurance.  Not here legally.  Outstanding warrants.  All reasons to run in his opinion.  Part of me almost, and I mean almost, feels badly for him. 

However, I won't be saying that to my husband again because he came un-glued when he heard me say that.  That conversation was over the phone because he, of course,  was out of town when this happened.  And then I casually mentioned that I was driving his car because mine was low on gas that day.  More un-gluing.

I spent yesterday in bed; physically and mentally jarred.  I'm sore and achy but I'm ok.  I'm thankful.  I'm happy to be alive.  And while that may sound small to most; the thrill of living has not been a constant friend in my life.

For me, as of late, it has been about perspective.  Yes things have been highly fucked up in the past.  And yes, life still has its shitty moments.  But with a measure of perspective, living my current life isn't all that bad.

12 comments:

Purplehaze77 said...

oh wow that stinks i was in a crash on friday it wasnt too bad though

Von said...

And I got caught for speeding..first time in my life and I've been driving 50 years!

Journal of Healing said...

Glad you're ok!

English Rider said...

Cosmic hugs to you for surviving and for your compassion. What luck to have a police witness. The "uninsured motorist coverage" we all pay for will even cover your deductible. Make sure they know that you know that! Victims Compensation will help with any medical bills.

Ruth said...

Gratitude trumps all some days. I'm glad it did for you this day. So good that you had no worse than aches.

Deborah said...

Glad you're all right, Jennifer. Does 'no insurance' for him mean that you're on the hook for the damage?

Faith A. said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are ok. It's amazing how things like this put life into a different perspective. I happened upon your blog today and was so inspired. Thank you for writing and sharing your journey.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog, and haven't read much yet, but before I read anything else I wanted to tell you I'm glad you're okay! What an ordeal!

Dr. Deb said...

Good thing the police were nearby. Hit and run says so much about a person.

Deborah said...

Just in case you come back here, Jennifer, I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas. You are often in my thoughts, with the hope that as time goes by, you find more of the peace you're looking for.

The Pliers said...

I too wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas, Jennifer! Funny I should be here in line behind by buddy, Deborah. Must be a "birds of a feather" deal...

Ronajeq said...

USB Headsets for VoIP  Voice over IP (VoIP) headsets, used in conjunction with Skype or any other IP telephony software, allow you to connect to any phone in the world. You'll be surprised at how fast you can type! Variation Technics Mountain Elevation Targa Clint Gran Prasad Bond Headphones Lyndsy Jaan Users personalize by customizing screens, alerts, notifications, and messaging devices easily.